Fractional Difference - Exploring FSOL song-by-song

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
808Spense
Hardhead

Re: Fractional Difference - Exploring FSOL song-by-song

Post by 808Spense »

This was a great read Ross. The most interesting bit for me was the progression through the early radio shows into the ISDN shows. It was quite difficult to follow along with these in the 90s so I only really managed to catch the ones that were on the BBC and never revisited in the later years when they were posted online and released through the Pod Room. Did anyone ever see the visual component of the early radio shows?
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Cheers! Yeah, I doubt anybody followed more than a few of them at the time, it would be pretty much impossible with the huge range of local stations they were broadcast on. I do love continuity, so gradually following the progression of those was really fun. The quote from Gaz saying Kiss didn't really understand the shows so they moved to the BBC was a great little find, the sort of thing that elevates the blog from simple descriptions into an actual story.
JH-X9
Hardhead

Post by JH-X9 »

This has been a pleasure to read Ross - it's actually inspired me to go back and pick up some FSOL releases that I didn't previously own! Ordered a couple of the Ramblings books (Vol 2 & 3 were still in-stock) because the stories in them sounded so insightful/funny from your summaries
[Let It Blow From The Speaker Stack]
molo
Hardhead

Post by molo »

I'll echo what everyone has already said, the series has been an absolute pleasure to read. It's been really enjoyable to read the background to the releases and radio shows/mixes that I love so much, and I've learnt a lot along the way about all the later releases that I didn't know so much about. A big thanks for putting it all together!
nanio tine
Hardhead

Post by nanio tine »

amazing stuff, thanks so much. learned loads of things and reminded of lots more, a great tribute to a great band!
throughyourgills
Hardhead

Post by throughyourgills »

Really enjoyed this blog, still catching up on the latest posts. Amazing how many details you have!
nanio tine
Hardhead

Post by nanio tine »

any idea when you'll be updating for this years releases ross?
Ross

Post by Ross »

Unfortunately I have long covid, so not able to spend the time at the computer that it requires. Unless someone comes up with a miracle cure, I'm going to be out of action for a very long time. Maybe 2024?
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Sorry to hear that Ross, that sounds awful. I hope you shake it off sooner rather than later.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross

Post by Ross »

Thanks Dell. Yeah, it’s utterly soul crushing on a daily basis, to be honest.
fsolish
Hardhead

Post by fsolish »

So sorry to hear that Ross, wish you all the best and hope for a quick(ish) recovery in the not too distant future !
Neil
Hardhead

Post by Neil »

Echoing others - hope you get the better of it and are on the mend soon Ross. Sounds like you're having a rough time of it.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Thanks everyone. Yeah, it's utterly nasty. Trying out some supplements and stuff to see if they'll help, they've removed some pain already which is a plus!
nanio tine
Hardhead

Post by nanio tine »

oh im so sorry to hear that ross. that must be really awful. my sister in law has long covid as well and she was bed bound for almost a year before gradually getting back onto her feet (one reason I hate gaz's covid minimising - I know how serious it can be)
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yeah, the Gaz thing is a bit... difficult for me at the minute.

I had a relisten to Touched Music Night 5 today and IDed a couple of tracks, 'Exists to Remove Doubt' from Space of Partial Illumination, and an alt mix of 'I Am Error' from Rituals.