enrico berio mixes amorphous andogynous

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Re: enrico berio mixes amorphous andogynous

Post by Trigga Bo »

gabo86
Hardhead

Post by gabo86 »

nanio tine wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:49 pm the thing is, gaz says these messages of freedom from slavery to these imaginary technology overlords is what he’s trying to convey in his music.
for me there’s a line and once an artist crosses it I cant enjoy their art without imagining the bullshit they talk. when I think of amorphous now I immediately think of gaz saying that he didnt want to talk about Black Lives Matter because it was distracting from the important issue of big pharma enslaving us all, and of him leaving snarky replies to people who have said they have had the vaccine, and telling fans their music is shit, and sexually harassing women on facebook, and saying he won’t have a vaccine that could help stop spreading a virus which is killing vulnerable people because he’s not likely to die of it himself. i can disagree with someone and enjoy their art, but if someone exposes themselves as a truly horrible, selfish human being then that is all I can hear when I listen to their music. gaz is a cunt, and i am uncomfortable associating myself with him by even calling myself a fan.

i do appreciate that the board headline has changed from ‘amorphous androgynous to zeebox’ to ‘aircut to zeebox’. the sooner we distance ourself from this dickheads paranoid self-flagellation the better!!
I can understand your point, actually, but I do not think that Gaz is trying to convey these messages in his music. I mean, if the lyrics were about this, then I would agree with you.
Anyway, his positions make me really uncomfortable. I have been listening to FSOL a lot in the last months, and I'm keeping on doing this. About AA, I don't know (but I like way more FSOL than AA, that's for sure).
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

nanio tine wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:49 pm i do appreciate that the board headline has changed from ‘amorphous androgynous to zeebox’ to ‘aircut to zeebox’.
Haha I was wondering if someone would notice that - Technically it works better anyway as 'aircut' is alphabetically before 'amorphous'

P.s. Can we ensure to keep the conversation about this thing civil - Obviously the whole situation is pretty delicate but lets resist name calling where possible ....
molo
Hardhead

Post by molo »

It's an interesting topic. People say never meet your heroes, and there's a lot of truth in that. I sometimes bemoan the internet age, where people are closer to the artists they admire or follow and have a ton of information on them at their fingertips. It's sad in a way that the mystique is removed in many cases, and in most the realisation that the person whose art you greatly admire turns out to be someone who in reality you wouldn't want to have dinner with, or even have a chat with over a coffee.

I'm not on Facebook so don't follow either of the two and I'm not aware of Gaz's posts apart from what I have read here, and snippets elsewhere. I do remember reading interviews back in the day and being 'bemused' a little by some of the stuff he said, but put that down to him being an arse with the interviewer just for the sake or petulance. I guess it saddens me a little, having been a massive fan since 93, but it won't stop me listening.

As for AA, never really got back into them post Tales of E, although I do love me some 70's prog (Floyd, Yes, Camel, National Health, Hatfield & the North) the AA stuff has just not hit a chord with me. I did think I should give the latest album a go, it even got a great review in the recent print edition of Prog magazine!
DKHR
Hardhead

Post by DKHR »

I'm not on facebook or twitter and didn't read his posts, just the snippets in this topic. I'm glad that I'm at least not the only one with doubts in this whole pandemic claustrophobia. In Germany, there is a saying: "Seelig sind die Unwissenden". The more time you invest in researching facts (beside the mainstream media), the more you find out about things that are irrational, unlogic, simply not true in the governments and medias narrative. I've grown up in the former GDR, so maybe there is still some kind of sixth sense telling me if there's something wrong. When free speech is suppressed or censored, when people with other opinions are defamed, when german government officials tells the people "never question, just follow"... there are all signs of undemocratic processes rising.
So, Gaz is absolutely right. The pandemic is over as soon as those tests fall, and as soon as the people do not consent anymore. Sweden and 18 US states (up to date) are the proof that it works without those hard measurements and lockdowns. If the people don't realize this, we will live in anxiety for the next years, hunting mutants, loosing the sense of life.
Sorry, was off topic.
nanio tine
Hardhead

Post by nanio tine »

DKHR wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:47 pm So, Gaz is absolutely right
Gaz is saying vaccines are being made to inject us with technology which does not exist so that every human beings bio data can be sent to tech companies in order to enslave humanity. if you think that is ‘absolutely right’ then I would suggest going to a doctor because paranoia is a sign of several mental health problems.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

This topic has gone way off course and can't see this steering back into comfortable waters, so unfortunately I'm gonna have to close this thread before things end up getting proper nasty.