Environments 4 - clips now on Juno!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Environments 4 - clips now on Juno!

Post by Ross »

ronniedobbs wrote:received my eagerly awaited Environments 4 CD in the US today, and to my horror the CD case was crushed inside the package, and back sleeve was torn :(
Shit. :( That's awful. Can you get some compensation from the postal service? I hope the disc played ok!

And yeah, within a few hours of the album going on FSOLDigital I got a flood of Google alerts informing me of various places it can be got for free. Just something we have to live with these days, sadly.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Oh really nice videos, and finally Sunsets will be my new Fsoldigital Ost lifestyle for these Hard-Rare-Hope moments of my life.

About ilegal downloads, i understand to poor people or with conflits on his towns etc etc) without money that try search good music but another people with great social status,money and only make for vicious ....hmmm is easy make money ,keep money ( i know that when more money have 1 person more miser be)and make a fortune with the inspiration , art from other...yeah this the future that we deserves for not undersatnd than the future is now not leave for other generation or psy-fi Science writers.Thanks Dinosaurs Politics...
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

luckily my CD wasn't scratched, so I played the game of carefully extracting liner notes and sleeves and set up a new jewel case. Whew! Thanks substitute mail carrier douche.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

ronniedobbs wrote:luckily my CD wasn't scratched, so I played the game of carefully extracting liner notes and sleeves and set up a new jewel case. Whew! Thanks substitute mail carrier douche.

yet, it must have been very disturbing to receive a broken CD. After all its FSOL, and its their new Environments album. I would have gone mad.

Tito Lozano wrote:and finally Sunsets will be my new Fsoldigital Ost lifestyle for these Hard-Rare-Hope moments of my life
same here, id say the whole E4 is a ray of hope for some of us. I know it is for me...

Tito Lozano wrote:About ilegal downloads, i understand to poor people or with conflits on his towns etc etc) without money that try search good music but another people with great social status,money and only make for vicious ....hmmm is easy make money ,keep money ( i know that when more money have 1 person more miser be)and make a fortune with the inspiration , art from other...yeah this the future that we deserves for not undersatnd than the future is now not leave for other generation or psy-fi Science writers.Thanks Dinosaurs Politics...
...unfortunately we are the miserable ones, not them. makes me wanna start talking politics, but i better shut up now cos i wont stop...fucking bastards have ruined everything, time will come when they pay for their crimes, nature always brings the balance...
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

NEW clips on youtube: - could be video material from their never-released DVD, and Kinetic installations...

the FUTURE SOUND OF LONDON - Sunsets / the Wheel Of Life / Fibrillation ( ENVIRONMENTS 4 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the FUTURE SOUND OF LONDON - Architektur / River Delta / Clear Light of Reality ( ENVIRONMENTS 4 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the FUTURE SOUND OF LONDON - Clear Light Of Reality / Murmurations / Stan a Little Less... ( ENVIRONMENTS 4 )

You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Good spot, just to let you know Pandemonium that if you want to include Youtube clips you just copy the bunch of letters and after the v= bit of the url. So for youtube.com/watch?v=a7ODed0D-RE , you just copy the a7ODed0D-RE bit and put it between the [ Youtube ] tags.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Interesting. Does this mean the tracks on Env4 originate from the time that kinetica exhibition thing was around? When was that again, 2006 or so?
Magnificient Insignificance
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

No it means they're Involved in kinetica, which has an annual exhibition/fair on... Wait for it... marylebone road. I think a lot of these images are from last year's exhibition. Certainly the sunsets video is. Both the AA and FSOL are listed as artists.

http://www.kinetica-museum.org/artists/ ... files.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brian put the videos up on his YouTube profile too yesterday, referring to the exhibition as kenetica which may or may not be a typo/joke.
I am the eye that looks within
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

annual exhibition? wow has anybody visited Kinetica Museum? im fkn jealous
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

just read a comment on discogs about E4:

player May 04, 2012

"A great electronic band at one time - now just milking fans with album after album of unreleased material (which is far to similar from release to release!)"

who the fuck is this guy? fucking moron
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

A general rule is not to review an album you haven't heard or you do run the risk of looking like a tool. Also, if you call yourself stuff like the player, people are unlikely to take what you say seriously anyway.
I am the eye that looks within
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

It's OK to prefer their older stuff over the 'from the archive' stuff and the environments series, but accusing them to 'milk their fans' is really stupid. In that sense every artist who releases new, ('unreleased') material and demands money for it, is 'milking' his/her fans.
Magnificient Insignificance
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

dubmasta wrote:just read a comment on discogs
That's your first mistake there - ditto with comments on Youtube: Apes with keyboards.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

i generally dont pay attention to youtube and other comments, but i got fucking pissed off with this idiot. its the first time i ever read such an insulting comment, wherever i read reviews about E4, everybody is a little more than excited with this music. Any kind of critique would be fine, but "now just milking fans with album after album of unreleased material (which is far to similar from release to release!)"?? what the fuck, this is a direct offense!! A person who does not understand Environments (not necessarily love them) and how FSOL evolved into this music, has absolutely no clue about FSOL, and does not deserve the joy of Lifeforms and Dead Cities either.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Coming soon on Itunes,Amazon,etc
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human