Environments 4 - clips now on Juno!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Environments 4 - clips now on Juno!

Post by dell1972 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a cover too, which looks pretty similar to the one previewed on the Environments 3 sleeve. Can't get it to show here though.

1. The Wheel Of Life
2. No Man's Land
3. River Delta
4. Supercontinents
5. Sediment
6. Architektur
7. Murmurations
8. Sunsets
9. Photosynthesis
10. Stand A Little Less Between Me And The Sun
11. Fibrillation
12. Long Day
13. Vast Landscape
14. Clear Light Of Reality

"Environments 4 is another of the great lost albums by The Future Sound of London. These sessions have taken on an almost mythical status with the group s fan base, but the difference is the group have been back in the studio adding new ideas to older recordings and Murmurations is a brand new track (recently featured on an exclusive vinyl 10 release for Record Store Day coupled with the iconic Papua New Guinea ) This release also comes after the recent success of the first three installments which have sold 1000s of units across the different volumes and still climbing. To re-cap, Brian Dougans and Garry Cobain began their musical partnership and friendship in Manchester, England in the mid 1980s whilst the two were studying at Manchester University. Dougans had already been making electronic music for some time when they first began working in various local clubs. In 1988, Brian embarked on a project for the Stakker graphics company and the result was Stakker Humanoid. In the following three years the pair produced music under a variety of aliases, followed by the breakthrough aforementioned classic ambient dub track Papua New Guinea in 1992, which was also the first release under the Future Sound of London moniker. "

Release Date - 30 April 2012
Jumpin' & Pumpin'

So not entirely new stuff, but hey, it's coming pretty soon. Perhaps it might appear on FSOLDigital a little earlier?
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Environments 4 available for pre-order on Amazon!!!!

Post by Ross »

Ah the descriptions on these things are a bit misleading, Environments 3 was described as a 'great lost album' despite having a wealth of new material on. For whatever reason, the band don't seem ready to promote anything as a proper big 'new' album (they probably want to make a bigger statement whenever it's ready - maybe they're waiting for Gaz to get back into 'talking about FSOL' mode).
14 tracks - maybe this will be a little more streamlined than 3, which does seem to get a bit confusing in the second half. I am glad to see the titles match the deserty look of the cover. Could this be a bit - should I even suggest this? - Lifeforms-ish in mood?

Also that cover's rectangular. Will this be in a digipak?
No, of course it won't, I'm just trying to read too much into this now. Right, a month to go, exciting stuff!

Oh, and for balance, on the downside, 'The Wheel of Life' is a bit of a new agey title, isn't it? 80s synth pads and ethnic vocals come to mind, haha.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Also, it doesn't have a track called Wonky on it, so they're immediately ahead of Orbital in 2012 albums.

dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I just thought Wonky Donkey when I saw that. I know they've gone for the wobbly coloured smoke ring thing for the artwork, but really they might as well have Ant and Dec on the cover with a name like that!

The sales patter does read like it's just a hastily tweaked version of what they said about Environments 3. The shorter tracklisting does sound encouraging, and I am pleased Long Day is on there. The second half of Environments 3 and most of Archived 6 did suffer from being a dizzying selection of short snippets of songs. Hope you're right on the Lifeforms feel, I guess what we have heard so far suggests it will be very ambient, dark and textural.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Nice, hopefully (as Ross mentioned) it'll be a bit more focussed than E3 was - I never really got into that album, it just seemed to meander like a [insert appropriate simile here].
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Finally - cool cool cool release :)

You're doin' too much, do less.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

that chick in the middle... *drool*

Anyway, looking forward to this, as usual
from the source flows the endless...
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Orange women are orange.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Man i hate those stupid memes..
Is she that orange? I think it's the lightening. But she's still hot.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

No idea, I can't see her head - she may well be a butterface

Hmm, this thread has quickly gone off kilter !
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Who cares, just bag it! :P

But yeah, I'll probably be buying E4, being my second digital purchase. I'm guilty of warezing too much.
Ross

Post by Ross »

They all look fake tanned to fuck. Bad bad bad.

Er yeah. Environments 4!
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Very good news. Strange thing that it's already available for preorder on amazon but not on fsoldigital. Is it known when it's available for download?
Magnificient Insignificance
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

That's pretty much what happened with Environments 3 as well. It's up for pre-order on play.com and hmv as well now by the way.

With Environments 3 a strange thing happened whereby Juno got hold of a number of copies before anyone else and some of us were able to get copies of it some time before the official release and before FSOLDigital even had it. I'd like to think FSOLDigital get copies of it first this time, as I'd rather get it directly from them.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Old, new, or re-worked, I want E4 !!!
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me