Old Interview with Gaz

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Old Interview with Gaz

Post by dell1972 »

Not in any way contemporary, it's from Lulworth 2001. In fact it's kind of two interviews, or rather two people hassling him after his DJ set. It's a bit difficult to hear but is an interesting snapshot of what was happening just before the Isness was released - trying to disentangle themselves from Virgin. Interesting decription of what they were trying to do with the Papua Translations...

No doubt some of you will have seen this before, as the guy seems to have been part of one of the mailing lists.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whoever put it up has a load of fsol related videos uploaded.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Old Interview with Gaz

Post by Ross »

That'll be Justin who interviewed him. Also did the bootlegs of that Big Chill show, the Winter Chill and a couple of the radio shows from that era if I remember correctly. An ex-girlfriend of mine ended up going out with his flatmate, in a very strange twist of coincidence.

Haven't watched that interview in a while. That still really is 1990s Gaz in there, isn't it? I can't imagine him describing Translations as "taking sounds from that and fucking it up the arse" these days. As for the ISDN comment at the end, I remember being a bit shocked by his admitting that at the time but it makes me laugh now.

Oh wow, that guy's got the Lifeforms EPK on there, I haven't seen that one in ages either. I swear I used to have all this stuff on disc somewhere...
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Old Interview with Gaz

Post by Pandemonium »

They were all in the Demonoid torrent that I shared a few years back, its dead with no seeds now...
You're doin' too much, do less.