My Kingdom re-imagined / Isness - Record Store Day release

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: My Kingdom re-imagined / Isness - Record Store Day relea

Post by Ross »

Rob wrote:i really hope that after RSD day, there will be a double CD version of the Abbey cut, with 2nd CD of demos from the sessions (that were not included in The Otherness CD) or at least an extra track if single CD...that Divinity with Donovan singing....do i ask too much?.?.? :D
Nothing concrete yet, but there may be an official CD issue at some point. Bonus disc is... less likely. But an Amorphous Archives album is still planned for release one day.

My Kingdom tracklist:

fsolish
Hardhead

Post by fsolish »

That looks really really interesting!
So Path 7,8,9 are the re-imagined and the rest is completely new stuff ?
I can´t wait! :D
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Now I have more questions than answers, looking at that tracklisting. Original EP is Part 1 - Part 5. New EP has Path 7 - Path 9. Are we missing Part 6 / Path 6?

Though if it turns out we are not missing Part 6 / Path 6 then I would assume that the Dead Cities album cut is Path 6.
Tingler

Post by Rob »

Nothing concrete yet, but there may be an official CD issue at some point. Bonus disc is... less likely. But an Amorphous Archives album is still planned for release one day.

My Kingdom tracklist:

That sounds promising anyway and wow! All the re-imagined titles are potentially very new stuff, big expectations from my view...also that spikes theme floating in an oriental shaped frame of which i presume will be the inner cover artwork, is giving me the feel that this re-imagination will surprise the listener a lot :)
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Oooh, this looks very interesting!
So this will definitely be available on fsoldigital at some point? Any news if it will get a CD release too?
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote:My Kingdom tracklist:

Oooh we were both so close with our speculations!

RE the mysterious 'Part 6' - good spot, yeah it could be that the Dead Cities one is #6 (it's not got that lovely 'bubble' synth arpeggio that are on the EP versions) or .... I'm not sure what the 'or' is :lol:
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

mcbpete wrote:or .... I'm not sure what the 'or' is :lol:
Or...could it be in the Dead Cities extra material...issued on 3xCD deluxe box.....or wake me up! :D
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Why have a 3CD version when you can have a 5CD version ...
Pandemonium wrote:Image

CD1 - Dead Cities Remastered
CD2 - We Have Explosive Remastered / expanded single + remixes / with bonus tracks
CD3 - My Kingdom Remastered / expanded single / with bonus tracks
CD4 - The Lost '95 Sessions
CD5 - The Expanded '97 Sessions

*cries that this never being a thing* (well at least we're now sort of getting 'CD3')
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

mcbpete wrote:Why have a 3CD version when you can have a 5CD version ...
Pandemonium wrote:Image

CD1 - Dead Cities Remastered
CD2 - We Have Explosive Remastered / expanded single + remixes / with bonus tracks
CD3 - My Kingdom Remastered / expanded single / with bonus tracks
CD4 - The Lost '95 Sessions
CD5 - The Expanded '97 Sessions

:D then they must correct to 22 years anniversary on the cover...
Ross

Post by Ross »

From what I know:

The non 'path' tracks are new pieces rooted in My Kingdom, so just how different they'll be I dunno - maybe only loosely related like Everyone in the World is Doing Something Without Me, or like The Lovers was to Papua.
As with A:E:V, an alternative version will be released on CD & digital later in the year.
Path 6 does exist. My guess is it's on the CD version. But the '+' version on Dead Cities is an intriguing theory.
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

Ross wrote:From what I know:

The non 'path' tracks are new pieces rooted in My Kingdom, so just how different they'll be I dunno - maybe only loosely related like Everyone in the World is Doing Something Without Me, or like The Lovers was to Papua.
As with A:E:V, an alternative version will be released on CD & digital later in the year.
Path 6 does exist. My guess is it's on the CD version. But the '+' version on Dead Cities is an intriguing theory.
All this is sounding very promising Ross! :)
Chris3d
Hardhead

Post by Chris3d »

There are actually 3 other My Kingdom tracks aside from the 5 parts on the single. The Dead Cities version, the version on Teachings From The Electronic Brain (Best Of), and The Empty Land. Either of these could be the part 6. My hopes would be that part 6 is something different entirely!

I agree this does look promising. I really like the album art on this. Very much like their 90s releases but looks quite dark. I hope the music follows suit. To be honest I would be quite dissapointed if it all just had an Amorphous Androgynous twist to it. I’m not a fan of that side of their work. Maybe one or two tracks would be fine, but I’m hoping this has a much more electronic/sampled feel to it like the original single.

I do hope Dead Cities gets a reissue with bonus material too. I’m sure they have more stuff that’s never seen the light of day and I still hear tracks on their ISDN shows that were never released. I also wonder if this ‘re-imagined’ release is being put out there to test the waters for some possible new material/album.
Ross

Post by Ross »

I forgot about the Teachings version, although I suppose that's just an edit of Part 1, really.
There's also the live version, which I always felt would have made a better album version than the one they ended up choosing.

If I had to make any guess on style, I'd say probably something like the recent Environments albums - a touch of the Amorphous psychedelic sound, but mostly moody and electronic.
Chris3d
Hardhead

Post by Chris3d »

Part 5 in effect is just the radio edit of Part 1. Not sure why they did that. As on the Cascade single, the shortform was included on the end of the other 5 parts.

The live version on the Netshow CD you mean? I like that version too with the extra samples and effects. So that's actually 4 other versions aside from the single.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

This all sounds pretty exciting, and lovely looking cover art too.

The thing that surprises me about this is that although Gaz said in an interview a few years back that they'd redone the track Lifeforms again. I assumed that that never saw the light of day due to some sort of licensing black hole involving Virgin being arses. And now we see a re-imagined version of My Kingdom, which would surely fall into the same black hole of corporate idiocy.

Either something has changed, such as their relationship with Virgin, or perhaps I was putting one and one together and getting seven. Is this an fsoldigital release, and/or some proof of concept for something more lavish?
I am the eye that looks within