FSOL Wiki

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Blu Mar Ten
Hardhead

Re: FSOL Wiki

Post by Blu Mar Ten »

really great, thanks again for doing this
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

My pleasure, glad people are still reading and enjoying!

Today's obscure find: the shape on the cover of the Archived : Environmental : Views CD first appeared in the Your Body Robotic booklet.
Today's entry: Your Body Robotic / Your Body Sub-Atomic.

I enjoyed listening to this one today, it's the first time I've put it on in years. It got a fair few spins when it came out - I remember playing some of the electro-house remixes at an indie/electro night I used to DJ at - but I don't think I've listened to it since maybe 2010.

Tomorrow I get to write about a 'proper' FSOL album for the first time in over two weeks!

edit: I've just noticed I'm pretty much at the halfway point through the discography. Which, given that I've covered 20 years of active music making and only have 10 to go, really goes to show just how much stuff they've been doing since FSOLDigital launched.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

It also shows just how quickly you've been flying through these and doing the write-ups. Impressive stuff!
Ross

Post by Ross »

FTA4
Environments

As much as I do love the Amorphous, Humanoid, Archives and side-project material, none of them in their own right would ever be able to elicit the sort of fandom that compels a human being to write a wiki page about every bloody thing they've done, so it's really nice to be back at a point where I'm sinking deep into a proper FSOL album again.

Typically I've got two pre-Accelerator era ones to do tomorrow.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Meanwhile, back in the Jumpin' & Pumpin' years
By Any Other Name
The Pulse EPs

The Yage tracks on BAON are really fucking good, aren't they? Especially the first three. Some Accelerator-quality material there. I'm thinking of whacking a nice Yage compilation together for my phone or something...

1. Quazi
2. Coda Coma
3. Livin' for the Love
4. Fuzzy Logic
5. Theme From Hot Burst
6. 831AM
7. Travellers
8. Garden Bridge
9. Under the Rock
10. 1st Calling
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Yeah, haven't heard 'by any other name' for ages. One listen every 2 years or so i think. :) but yeah, I remember finding it astonishingly good everytime I manage to dig this out.

I once made a compilation album of the best of the 'alias-phase' tracks that we're on no CD, and named it "by any different name" :)
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross

Post by Ross »

There are some on there that I don't like - not really fond of any of the Dope Module stuff, for example - but the Mental Cube and Yage tracks are absolutely brilliant. It's also fascinating to hear the Yage flute on '1st Calling' and some muted trumpet from ISDN (can't remember the track off-hand) on 'Across the Rivers'
Ross

Post by Ross »

Ross

Post by Ross »

Quick update to the Mello Hippo page to point out that the third radio edit from the promo is, in fact, a unique mix of the track different to the other versions on albums and EPs. I'll update the Isness page with the new Abbey Road version info when I have the strength.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote:Pipermint Tree
Nice one :lol:
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

mcbpete wrote:
Ross wrote:Pipermint Tree
Nice one :lol:
And the sequel...The Pipermint At The Gates Of Dawn :D
Ross

Post by Ross »

Well if we ever do another psychedelic version of Terminal Radio there's the name sorted out!

Today's pages:
The Woodlands of Old
FSOLDigital Mix

The Woodlands of Old is fucking great, isn't it? A couple of tracks too long maybe but I still enjoy it a lot to this day.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Environments twoooooo. Just discovered my disc is scratched. Must get another one before it goes completely out of print.
FTA5. Haven't listened to this in a while and forgot how bloody great it is.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Love The Woodlands of Old! And FTA5 is one of my favourites in that series. Although I think 7 just about beats it :)
Ross

Post by Ross »

I think track-for-track 5 is the best (with 6 in close second), but 7 works best as an album in its own right.

Today!
Dirty Breaks
A Monstrous Psychedelic Puddle

65 pages in the discography to go!