Environments 4

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Environments 4

Post by Ross »

Stop getting excited, there's no news just yet, but I thought we could have a thread prepared for whenever it finally comes out.

What I find interesting this time is how little we know about it. If EBS2 had been broadcast on PBS Radio when it was meant to have, we would have had several tracks from Environments 2 to listen to; Environments 3 was featured on EBS 2-6 with Heart Sick Chord, Summer's Dream, The Oldest Lady, Sunken Ships/Viewed from the Right, Sense of Being. This time we're low on potential tracks. As far as I know, we're looking at potentially Boundaries (I hope so) or the 49Innesp snippet from EBS6. I'll take a guess that it'll be a mixture of old and new, although the ratio has been tipping dramatically over the course of the three albums so it may be mostly new material. The album cover is quite dramatic and deserty, so perhaps it might be an Environments 2 style epic in theme, as opposed to the grimmer, darker side of 3.

Also who's hedging bets on a modern classical opening track? I reckon Viewed from the Left, or Viewed from Below. :D
LooseLink
Expander

Re: Environments 4

Post by LooseLink »

There was a track quite a long time ago on youtube called "Hollow Earth", it was part of a 3 part FSOL thing, I can't remember. That would be a potential track!

.. maybe Carlos? That hasn't been released yet. That's kinda Arabic desert sounding..
Ross

Post by Ross »

Oh yeah, Hollow Earth! That was pretty dramatic. It was on the credits for the Tiny Point of Light/Light Beyond Sound videos, along with A Glitch in Cellular Memory and another piece of unknown title. Which also reminds me - the new live track from Bloc.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Dear FSOL,
Please release this tomorrow, after that I won't have internet access other than occasional trips to the library for the foreseeable future thus downloading the album will be difficult. (Also I really want to hear it).

Your biggest fan kiss kiss kiss
DKHR
Hardhead

Post by DKHR »

Yes, we are all waiting for ENV.4. I thought I could carry something new like ENV.4 to the delivery room where my girlfried will hopefully be in the forthcoming few days. However, today I saw that they only have a small stereo/radio there which is not an adequate device for serious voluminous playback needed of any FSOL material, so I'll drop this idea. My girlfried will be happy - not that she doesn't like FSOL, but for some reason she didn't like my idea to play Wagners "Ritt der Walküren" from the helicopter scene in "Apocalypse Now" towards the end.....
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

You never know, fsoldigital appears to be down completely this morning, maybe they got wind that Ross is heading offline now. (Edit: Now reappeared looking as though nothing has changed at all, again).

I was hoping the same for Environments 3, but I guess that wouldn't have been popular as it's not my other half's thing. We did use Environments 2 as background music to help him sleep though in the early days. In hindsight there's a few tracks in the middle like Factories and Assembly that probably didn't help the sleep process too much... In the end my son was a year and a half old when Env 3 finally crept out.

Good luck though, I'll be doing the same thing again in November with my second. Perhaps it'll be released by then (taps foot impatiently).
I am the eye that looks within
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

hey congrats and good luck to you both!

lol by the woman's request I played Steve Hillage - Rainbow Dome Music and Daevid Allen - 7 drones during the labor

she got sick of both of them before they ended =P

i think at one point there's nothing a woman can handle during this process lol

then again it was our first so maybe next time she'll be a bit more receptive ;)